August 11, 2020 - Benefits of Living in a Townhome in Chicagoland
When it comes to buying a new home in Chicagoland, there are a lot of options. From detached single-family homes to rowhomes and townhomes, there’s a perfect home for every family. Townhomes are the perfect solution for those who want the feel of a single-family home without all the maintenance that comes with owning one. Before you start your home search, it’s important to know what type of home is best for your situation.
Considering buying a townhome? Here are some of the top benefits you can enjoy when living in a townhome.
What is a townhome?
First, let’s talk about what a townhome actually is. Townhomes (also known as townhouses) are multi-level homes that share one or two walls with neighboring units. Townhomes offer more space than a typical condo or apartment and are more affordable than a single-family home.
Benefits of Living in a Townhouse
- Location: The old adage, “Location, location, location,” rings true. Townhome communities are often located in trendy, walkable areas with good schools and plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options nearby. They’re also close to transit centers, making it easy to commute to larger cities for work or additional entertainment options, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Low Maintenance: One of the great things about owning a townhome is not having to worry about the demanding outdoor maintenance that’s common with single-family homes. Thanks to the smaller footprint, there’s less to take care of inside the home as well.
- Outdoor space: Each of our townhomes comes with a fenced-in backyard and private garage (try finding that in Chicago!). This private outdoor space is the perfect extension of your indoor living space, making it a great spot to entertain or just enjoy some quiet time.
- Plenty of living space: Each Lexington townhome is built to provide homeowners as much space as possible. Instead of being built with a long and narrow footprint, they’re built to be wide instead, giving the homes a more expansive feel that’s closer to a single-family home. Another bonus: the homes have full basements with nine-foot ceilings that add an additional level of living space to the home when finished.
- Better affordability: Generally speaking, townhomes often cost less than a comparably sized single-family home in the same location and have lower property taxes.
Ready to buy a new home in Chicagoland? Your Lexington home is waiting for you! We have several homes that move-in ready at our communities in Arlington Heights, Avondale, and Warrenville.
Take your pick of your perfect home, with various locations, options, upgrades, and finishes in all available homes. Schedule a private tour and find the one that feels like it was built just for you!