July 13, 2018 - Live in a Top 10 Hottest Hood, According to Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet recently listed the “Hottest ‘Hoods in the US: 10 Neighborhoods You Need to Visit.” And Chicago’s very own Avondale made the cut! The neighborhoods mentioned are culture-rich, unique, and loaded with things to do. The Lonely Planet writer loves its “scruffy, artsy, lived-in magic.”
Top Avondale features mentioned in the description:
- Red Apple Buffet, a pierogi buffet worth sampling and a shout out to the neighborhood’s Polish roots
- Prop Thtr, a theater known for its original plays and literary adaptations
- Parachute, a Michelin-starred restaurant serving Korean food with an American spin
- Revolution Brewery, one of Chicago’s most famous independent brewers
- Kuma’s Corner, known for it’s hulking burgers
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken, known for its namesake dish
Want to learn more? Check out a few awesome insights into Avondale from Chicago Magazine and learn more about its past from Chicago’s Curbed.
We at Lexington are thrilled, and we couldn’t agree more—we are about to grand open Lexington Village at Avondale, where we will offer single family row homes with big, private backyards. Contact us to be among the first to check them out!