May 30, 2017 - Summer Maintenance Tips for your Lexington Home
Each season brings new adventures and a new set of home maintenance tasks to tackle. With summer just around the corner, now is a great time to make sure your Lexington home is in top shape and ready for the summer heat!
Here’s a simple checklist of home maintenance tasks to complete this season:
- Check the detectors: Check your home’s carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to make sure they’re working properly. While our installed detectors are hardwired, you will want to check the batteries to make sure those are in working order as well.
- Inspect air conditioner: Summertime is prime air conditioning use. Make sure your air conditioner is ready by cleaning or replacing the filter replace air conditioner filter and clean drain line
- Replace water in water heater and test pressure valve: Keep your water heater in working condition by draining the water heater to remove any sediment that make have accumulated. Sediment builder up can shorten your water heater’s lifespan and increase your energy bills. While you’re replacing the water, also check for leaks and test the pressure relief value to make sure it’s working.
- Conduct a basement inspection: Check the basement for any signs of pests, insects, water damage or mold and mildew.
- Check exterior wood for signs of deterioration: Also look over balcony for signs of deterioration and determine if it needs resealing. To test, simply sprinkle some water over the boards. If the water beads up, you’re good to go. If not, it’s time to reseal.
- Lubricate door hinges and garage hardware: Add some lubrication to your door hinges and garage hardware to ensure everything remains in top working condition.
- Wash your windows: If you haven’t already washed your exterior windows, summer is a great time to get those cleaned.
- Check for leaks: Check your hoses (garden, washer, dishwasher, icemaker, toilets, refrigerator, etc. and exterior faucets for leaks and address any issues you find.
These helpful tips will make sure you’re able to keep your Lexington home safe and secure all year round. If you have a Warranty Service Request or want to schedule your 3 or 11 month Warranty Walk-Through, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a warranty service request online.