February 21, 2012 - Lexington Square’s 2012 New Year’s Resolutions For Your Home
New Year’s resolutions aren’t just about self-improvement. You can use them to get your house in shape, too. Here’s a 12-month program to tackle house projects in 2012.
- January: Inspect tubs and showers for mildewed or cracked caulk. Re-caulk as necessary.
- February: Change all incandescent light bulbs to ones that are energy efficient.
- March: Check all smoke detectors and replace batteries if necessary. Install carbon monoxide detectors on each floor of the house.
- April: If you have central air conditioning, have a professional inspect your unit so it’s ready for summer use.
- May: Gather unused appliances, clothes, furniture and other items and hold a yard sale.
- June: Inspect your roof and replace any damaged or missing shingles.
- July: Create a first-aid disaster kit and keep it in a central location.
- August: Inspect your gutters for holes, cracks or sags. Repair as necessary.
- September: Have a professional inspect your heating system so it’s ready for winter use.
- October: Use a pressure washer to clean your house, deck and driveway.
- November: Clean your carpets thoroughly by hiring a professional or renting a cleaning machine.
- December: Take stock of all your valuables and update your records. If needed, adjust your homeowners insurance.
Regina’s tip to remember…My father often told me that sometimes the only thing that works in a used home is the owner! Consider purchasing a brand new Lexington Home in 2012 and get a fresh start!